• 2 boneless chicken breast halves, cut in bite size chunks
• 2/3 cup canned coconut milk
• 1 yellow onion, chopped
• 1 red bell pepper or tomato, sliced and chopped
• 2 cloves garlic, minced
• 2 tsp ground ginger
• 1 tsp grated lemon rind
• 1/3 tsp (or to taste) cayenne powder
• lemon juice
1. Marinate chicken in lemon juice for 30 min, drain and season with salt and pepper to taste.
2. Saute over medium heat until cooked on outside but slightly pink inside.
3. Drain oil and place chicken in a container and set aside
4. Saute onions, stirring constantly, until slightly browned.
5. Add bell peppers and garlic and saute 3-4 min, stirring constantly. Reduce heat to simmer, add coconut milk, ginger, cayenne powder, and lemon rind. Add chicken back to stew.
6. Cover and simmer 30 min or until in thick stew consistency. If mixture is too thin simmer with lid removed until desired consistency is reached. Serve over a bed of steamed white rice.
By Recipe Safari