Legacy Programme: What can I do make UKBA decide my case?

Question: I know that my case is being processed under the “Legacy programme” but I’m very frustrated that UKBA have not yet decided my case and I heard the government charter was for UKBA to decide all Legacy cases by July 2011. What can I do to make UKBA decide my case without waiting in limbo?

Answer: Unfortunately the Government did not satisfy its charter to conclude all cases outstanding under the Legacy Programme in July 2011. An overflow of cases remains unresolved and UKBA has established a department specifically assigned to clear through the backlog of these cases. This department is known as the Case Assurance and Audit Unit. You should write to this department with full details of your case and provide them with your Home Office reference number with any relevant correspondence for their attention and ask them to make a decision in your case without further delay and to provide an acknowledgment to your request. It is also strongly recommended that you approach your local MP for their assistance and ask the MP to write to this same department. The UKBA do tend to reply to MP’s correspondence quite quickly and the assistance of an MP is also helpful in resolving a matter.
The details of the Case Assurance and Audit Unit are as follows:
Case Assurance and Audit Unit
Department 87
PO Box 306
L2 0QN

By Raheela Hussain,
Principal Solicitor of Greenfields Solicitors.

Disclaimer: The above article is meant to be relied upon as an informative article and in no way constitutes legal advice. Information is offered for general information purposes only, based on the current law when the information was first displayed on this website.

For legal advice regarding your case, please contact Greenfields Solicitors on 020 8884 1166 for a Consultation with a Solicitor.